does anybody here have a real job working in a telecommute position?

WorkAtHomeForum.com Forums Work At Home Jobs does anybody here have a real job working in a telecommute position?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Leomar 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

needfreedom
    Participant

I was just wondering if anybody on this forum works for a company having a real job? Not building an MLM or affiliate business or HYIP.

I hve a MLM business, but need to have a regular income, working in a telecommute position from home. Working for a company that will pay me a regular paycheck, until my MLM business makes enough to pay my bills.

Any ideas on any compoanies that hire telecommuters?

Thanks for your help

Audrey
    Participant

This is a clip from an article I wrote many years ago:

Telecommuting – This means you have been hired by an employer, and that employer is open to having you work at home anywhere from a few hours a week, to full time. Some folks will work mornings in office, afternoons at home. Afternoons at home, allows them to pick up their kids, start dinner etc, all while working also. Some folks work every other day in office. This allows them bring work in, drop work off, be available for meetings etc.
    You are an employee. You are either paid per hour or per week.

The sentence I see most often posted is “I want to work at home, so I have more time with my kids”. Find some folks who do telecommute. Their kids are in daycare, as they need to work. They also end up putting in more than 40 hours per week as they want to make sure they put in their 40 hours and make up for those trips to the store, the trips to pick kids up etc.

Telecommute positions are very tough to find. Most employers are not willing to have employees working unsupervised. Reason is, just look in office. Truly, how many employees give a job their all? How many work hard even when the boss is away? How many come in a few minutes early and leave a few minutes late on a consistent basis? Now let’s compare that to how many make personal calls? How many take a few extra minutes on their lunch? How many stand around the water machine chatting? How many day dream and don’t produce as much as they can/should? So, most employers are not willing to allow employees to work at home.

Again, speak to some folks who work at home. Ask them point blank what they did to get this job. Most will tell you that they had worked for a long time prior to this arrangement. They will tell you that they know their job inside out. They will tell you that they work over 40 hours per week. They will tell you that they do get “lonely” working all alone. And they’ll tell you they do go into the office frequently.

There is no book of companies that allow telecommuting. I’ve seen many many ads for folks to buy a book that is supposed to contain the names of companies that allow telecommuting. Those employers who have allowed telecommuting, have done so with an existing employee. My sister telecommutes for HP. But she had her degree in computer science. She has had tons of company training and she worked there 10 years. So putting HP down in a book and telling you that they hire telecommuters is misleading at best, an out and out lie at worst. And you have to pay for that book.

Right now, I work about 30 hours in office and about 10 hours at home per week. The only reason I’m able to work at home is because I work in office also. If I left tomorrow, whoever they hired to replace me, would not be working at home.

It’s really hard to find telecommute positions. One great resource is wahm.com She lists new positions daily. They are competitive, but they are out there.

needfreedom
    Participant

I have a telecommute position now working for a great company, and they hire all of their sales people working from home., of course they only have three full time reps and two part time reps. We get an hourly + commission, but the hours are so long. some days I clock in at 9:00 am and don’t clock out till 9:00 pm at night, just because we have so many leads to call back from people requestions information, that it takes that long to get all of the work done. We have no freedom to go pick up the kids because we are on the clock. We can’t even go to the bathroom or go to get a cup of coffee in the kitchen without telling our boss. she is an IM window and she has to know that we are there because she directs live calls into us, and we must answer the phone when it rings.
    It is a great company to work for, but the hours are just too long for me. I’m shceduled 9- to 5 but that rarely happens. I just figured that there were other companies out there that hires only telecommuters just like my company. I guess I’m really lucky to have found my positions.

Thanks for you time

needfreedom

Audrey wrote:
    This is a clip from an article I wrote many years ago:

Telecommuting – This means you have been hired by an employer, and that employer is open to having you work at home anywhere from a few hours a week, to full time. Some folks will work mornings in office, afternoons at home. Afternoons at home, allows them to pick up their kids, start dinner etc, all while working also. Some folks work every other day in office. This allows them bring work in, drop work off, be available for meetings etc.
    You are an employee. You are either paid per hour or per week.

The sentence I see most often posted is “I want to work at home, so I have more time with my kids”. Find some folks who do telecommute. Their kids are in daycare, as they need to work. They also end up putting in more than 40 hours per week as they want to make sure they put in their 40 hours and make up for those trips to the store, the trips to pick kids up etc.

Telecommute positions are very tough to find. Most employers are not willing to have employees working unsupervised. Reason is, just look in office. Truly, how many employees give a job their all? How many work hard even when the boss is away? How many come in a few minutes early and leave a few minutes late on a consistent basis? Now let’s compare that to how many make personal calls? How many take a few extra minutes on their lunch? How many stand around the water machine chatting? How many day dream and don’t produce as much as they can/should? So, most employers are not willing to allow employees to work at home.

Again, speak to some folks who work at home. Ask them point blank what they did to get this job. Most will tell you that they had worked for a long time prior to this arrangement. They will tell you that they know their job inside out. They will tell you that they work over 40 hours per week. They will tell you that they do get “lonely” working all alone. And they’ll tell you they do go into the office frequently.

There is no book of companies that allow telecommuting. I’ve seen many many ads for folks to buy a book that is supposed to contain the names of companies that allow telecommuting. Those employers who have allowed telecommuting, have done so with an existing employee. My sister telecommutes for HP. But she had her degree in computer science. She has had tons of company training and she worked there 10 years. So putting HP down in a book and telling you that they hire telecommuters is misleading at best, an out and out lie at worst. And you have to pay for that book.

Right now, I work about 30 hours in office and about 10 hours at home per week. The only reason I’m able to work at home is because I work in office also. If I left tomorrow, whoever they hired to replace me, would not be working at home.

It’s really hard to find telecommute positions. One great resource is wahm.com She lists new positions daily. They are competitive, but they are out there.

Audrey
    Participant

I’m very fortunate. I normally work 6 hours per day in office, then another 5 hours per week at home.

Today, I worked 7 hours in office and 3 hours at home.

cdvassell
    Participant

I have 2 jobs working from home as an independent contractor. I’m very lucky because these types of jobs are so hard to find. The first one i work for a well known shopping site and the other which i got recently and in training process is a research company. You have to sift through a lot of work at home forums to find a decent one.

andrew2006
    Participant

telecommuting jobs are easy to find if you like commision sales just go to clickbank there are over 10k jobs to choose from but getting paid hourly telecommuting jobs are hard to find

seymoore
    Participant

Does anyone know any work at home programme that is real. Pls if there is get in touch with me.

4u2nv
    Participant

I work at home for my own call center through a company called Arise. I work about 25-30 hrs a week and make an average of $15 an hour. You can work full time if you wish. Each client however have different pay scales. Agents post for 30 min available slots to work. I work about 2-3 hrs at a time with my current client because calls are back to back. Some clients pay per call and some pay per min. You do have to incorporate a business to contract your services with Arise and pay for client training classes. I’ve made my investment back and more with my first paycheck.

It’s been almost a year since I quit my B&M job to stay home with my kids. I love working at home especially with Arise. I get to choose the client and my own hrs. However, Arise is not for everyone. You get what you put into your business. Good luck!!!

SweepsAddict
    Participant

I handle calles for different companies as well as sweepstake

Work From Home
    Participant

I get paid for writing web content and articles for syndication.

The job sometimes flow continuously for months but there are also periods of drought.

My fault is failing to actively seek new clients while busy performing a present contract.

McIntyre
    Participant

@needfreedom 2907 wrote:

I was just wondering if anybody on this forum works for a company having a real job? Not building an MLM or affiliate business or HYIP.

I hve a MLM business, but need to have a regular income, working in a telecommute position from home. Working for a company that will pay me a regular paycheck, until my MLM business makes enough to pay my bills.

Any ideas on any compoanies that hire telecommuters?

Thanks for your help

I recommend you http://www.remotestaff.com.au šŸ™‚ its an Australian Base IT company who work remotely from their home.

Inexpensive and Professional Online Staff, Virtual Assistant and IT Offshore Outsourcing BPO Services such as:

• Web Developer
    • Telemarketer
    • Receptionist
    • Writters
    • SEO Officers

and alot more…

Versatile
    Participant

I work from home for a tech company. I work a straight 9 hours. Sometimes it’s hard to even use the bathroom. The bad thing about working from home as an employee is the fact that you get worked to death because you “get” to work from home. You may or may not get a lunch or a small break. The best thing about working from home is not having to dress up or drive anywhere.

davestez
    Participant

I have a telecommuting jobs and I am enjoying it. I am staying at home the whole day and just do my work in my own time.

knight006
    Participant

I work at home only 50% of the time. I have a few online home type business but they take time to get them going. Soon I will be able to work at home full time with a little more effort to my work at home jobs.

wish2bfree
    Participant

I work as a Teleservices Agent out of my home. I am actually contracted with 2 companies. One as an employee and the other as an independent contractor. I’ve been with both for about 5 to 6 years. I had to pay for a background check and some companies also give drug tests. I am responsible for my own equipment, i.e. computer, telephone, etc. My home office has to be free of background noise. It consists mostly of phone work. I have to put in a lot of hours to reach my own personal quota. I get paid by-weekly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.